Celebrate the coming of spring with these healthy dog treats. The Spring Muffins combine the energizing effects of honey with the protein of peanut butter and digestive powers of bananas to create a delicious snack for your furry friend. Easy to make and delightful to smell, these muffins are the perfect way to enjoy the warm weather.
Springtime MuffinsRecipe via Rachel Ray Magazine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, bananas and peanut butter. Stir in 3 cups water; whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the egg mixture.
- Spray two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray; fill each cup three quarters full. Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Have fun with your pup and a great weekend overall! #pawsup