No, the BnB stands for Buddies and Boarders. DoggyBnB is an iPhone app that allows you to create a social network for pet care. Invite your friends from social media or your phone contacts and create a support network for your pet. Then when you need help, you can send a Woof to that network with the tap of a button.
Yes, DoggyBnB is free to download.
DoggyBnB is unique in that it relies on earned trust first and foremost. Pets are like family, and therefore the ideal candidates to provide pet care in an owner’s absence are those who already know and love the owner’s pet. A reliance on existing relationships and connections is the distinguishing factor from other alternative boarding and pet care service providers. Since your friends and people you know and trust are your best option to watch your pet, if someone is not in your network, they are not a viable option.
After you download DoggyBnB, you can invite your friends to join by text, email or Facebook.. Once they are a part of the network, you can use the Find feature to add them to your support team.
No, you can select from a range of services including, Feed, Walk, Watch, Board, and House Sit.
Not a chance. DoggyBnB is a network for pet care. You can add your cat, potbelly pig, fish, birds or really anything that is legal and safe to ask friends to take care of in your absence. It’s your pet and your trust network. All you have to do is sign up and build a support team to help you.
No, offering a reward is not required, but like anything else, the more incentive you offer, the more responses you may receive.
Degrees show you how you are connected to another user. 1st degree means you are a direct Buddy to the pet in need on the app. 2nd degree means you are a friend of a friend and have a mutual friend in common. 3rd degree means you are a friend of a friend. For 2nd and 3rd degrees, we display how you are connected to each other with the ability of contacting the common friends for more information.
If you do not have a pet, you can sign up as a Buddy on our network. You can watch your friends’ pets when they need help and make money doing it!
Everyone on our network is someone’s Buddy. Users can also expand their profiles to a Boarder, which means you are available for pet care and can be contacted for help. As a Boarder, you can set your rates and show up on a map as an available option for help.
DoggyBnB uses Braintree to deal with all payment integration. When you Fetch a Woof, you will be asked to input your address and the email you would like to receive funds with. When a Woof is completed, the email account on file will be notified of a payment and users will be prompted to set up a Venmo account or sign in to collect funds.
Just the opposite!! DoggyBnB is a network of trusted pet care providers. As an independent pet caretaker you are clearly trusted by whomever you walk on a daily basis already. Get them on the network and tell them to get their friends on the network. By being connected to them, suddenly your network of potential new clients expands exponentially FOR FREE. Because they trust you and their friends trust them, they are more than likely to trust you. By using the app as a tool for networking, pet caretakers stand to benefit enormously.
Sniffer is a feature in DoggyBnB (think tinder) that allows dog parents only to see an owner/dog pair in their proximity to set up playdates, make new friends and/or even find someone you might like. We allow you to filter out based on gender, age, doggy weight range and location. You can swipe right if you are interested in meeting the person, or left if you are not. If you both approve each other, you’ll get a notification that a match has been made in puppy heaven.
We make money through a 10% listing fee on all Woofs Posted. It gets added to the reward once you close out the process. If you post a woof and cancel it, we’ll collect the listing fee and credit it to your account for future use. By taking a small percentage off of each request for service, or “Woof”, DoggyBnB will earn income that will sustain the app and allow us to add features and maintain partnerships.
Dog parents and dog lovers just like you. DoggyBnB is a team of dog owners who came up with the idea after running into inadequate options for dog care. So, we did something about it! We built a solution for finding someone to watch our kids without having to ask friends one by one, corner them for help, send them to a kennel or leave them with a stranger. Then we came up with a way to give dog lovers and friends that love our dogs an option to help without feeling obligated or awkward asking for money.
Not yet, but it will be soon! Give us until the end of the summer and it will be available. In the meantime, if you have an iPhone you can sign up and get started there.
- Doggy: The most important member of DoggyBnB. Doggies want as many buddies as possible for help when then need care.
- Dog Owner: Parent of the dog that leverages their network of potential buddies for pet care options. Dog owners also can be a buddy to other dog owners.
- Buddy: A friend, family member, colleague or neighbor that is a member of DoggyBnB and makes a direct 1st level connection with a dog and its owner.
- Boarder: A boarder is a buddy that makes themself available to not only direct 1st level connections but 2nd and 3rd level connections. This is done via buddy profile settings.
- Degree: Level of connection between buddies and doggies.
- 1st Degree: A direct connection between a dog owner and a buddy
- 2nd Degree: A connection that is once removed. A member that shares a mutual connection with a buddy and dog owner
- 3rd Degree: A connection that is twice removed. A member that is connected with a buddy and dog owner through a buddy of a mutual friend.
- Woof: Pet care request made by a dog owner on behalf of their pet. A woof is the basic function of DoggyBnB and is found on the dog owner home view.
- Fetch: Retrieving a Woof that is sent out by a dog owner. A woof sent by 1st level connection is pushed directly to you and can be fetched on the home view; 2nd & 3rd level connections will appear on the list and map via “Fetch” view.
- My Woofs: Where jobs posted and fetched woofs are stored.
- Sniffer: Feature that allows dog owners and their pets to meet each other for play dates, social interaction, and making friends through individually set parameters and filters.